• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Lian-Li PC60 (Silver) w/ Prometeia Mach II GT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KC3K7

So I had the recent good fortune of running into a great deal on a Prometeia Mach II GT and an Intel 775 socket kit. The one problem with a prometeia (Or any other phase change cooler as far as I know) is that your case options are somewhat limited.

Given my desire for the overclocking capabilities that come with phase change cooling I went with the Lian-Li PC65 case and I purchased the lian-li side panels for the Prometeia Mach II. The result? -- certainly not a bad looking setup but it does seem rather bland. I've already gotten about 4 cold cathodes installed on the inside of my case (and a remote control switch to turn them on and off) and I'm thinking about getting some case decals but it still seems too plain.

Anyone have any ideas on how to improve the visual appeal of my setup? Any tips are greatly appreciated, thanks!

n504405294_1463015_5261.jpg

n504405294_1463014_4940.jpg

n504405294_1463013_4596.jpg

n504405294_1463012_4266.jpg

n504405294_1463011_3949.jpg

n504405294_1463010_3592.jpg

Firstly, I agree with grunjee in saying nice setup.

If I were in your place, I would steer clear of decals. I would find someone in town who does custom painting (such as automotive pinstrippers, and the such). I know a few folks on here have had their cases done and they look badass, so you could possibly look into that. Not sure of the cost of such a job, but it would defiantly be worth it in the end.

Thanks Grunjee, and yeah I'm thinkin about painting it but that's something I'll have to look into once the system is completely done. I thought I'd put up some more pictures of the progress I've made. So far I've installed an ASUS P5E3 Deluxe mobo with an Intel Core 2 Quad 9450. After mounting the prometeia to the motherboard I let it run for a few hours to see if any condensation started to form anywhere around the cooling head and I'm happy to say it's looking great! :)

Now I've just got to get RAM, harddrives, and graphics cards and i'm all set.

So without any further delay, my system:
IMAG0152.jpg
As you can see I've installed the mobo and connected the cooling system to the 775 socket.

Here's a closeup of the inside:
IMAG0153.jpg

Also I've wired up 4 cold cathodes to a remote switch so I can turn the lights on and off with a keychain remote:
IMAG0154.jpg

Another Angle:
IMAG0149.jpg

Front:
IMAG0150.jpg

I also found an old blue LCD that works with the MACH II GT system. This matches the blue lighting in my case (i think green + blue looks kinda dumb):
IMAG0151.jpg

That's all for now, I've got more to come i'm sure. I'm thinking about getting 3 500GB SATA II hard drives and raiding them, 2 ATI HD4870 cards, and 2 or 4 gigs of DD3 I'll look into more detailed specs later.

Oh yeah almost forgot:

I ordered some automotive sound proofing foam from www.b-quiet.com and used it to sound proof the MACH II GT and the inside of the case. I think it did a great job of making the inside of the case look much nicer and you cannot hear the compressor running inside of the prommie unless you stick your ear right next to the casing. I would highly recommend using this material based on my experience so far.

IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg

Back