• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Laidjon's tiles and whatsoever!

Laidjon*

An eternal equilibrium~
Years
  • First a mix:

Legendary trios mixed with eachother.

A pixel-over:

Chaos:

Trainers:

(Don't mind the box around him, made that for fun xd)

And here's my Outdoor tileset:

Up, from left to right: Regisrock statue, Registeel statue, unfinished Regice statue, a Pokemon dog house, A tree, Flowerbed, Mole thing, High grass, Grass tile, Rock overflowing in grass, Side steps.
    Middle, from left to right: Moltres statue, Zapdos statue, Articuno statue, Pokemon dog house with a Growlithe, A comet/meteor for a Deoxys, A well, Street tiles.
    Down, from left to right: Latios statue, Latias statue, A trainer battle field.
    These tiles are for my hack, so don't use them. If you want to use some of the tiles, pm me with an explenation why you deserve these tiles xD.

Rate it =)

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • Those are the ones you use in your hack, right?
    The trainer's pose is off. I'm not usre what's wrong, you might ask someone more experienced than I am.
    The sprites seem okay, I hope you continue with your work!

Laidjon*

An eternal equilibrium~
    Years
  • Those are the ones you use in your hack, right?
    The trainer's pose is off. I'm not usre what's wrong, you might ask someone more experienced than I am.
    The sprites seem okay, I hope you continue with your work!
    Yes, I will use these tiles for my hack, maybe all, maybe not.
    And the trainers are not the best, I know that. They are my first 2 and last 2 xD.
    Thanks for your comment.

Circa

The Strings of Love.
    Years
  • All of them are awesome. I really like them especially the Trio new Sprite.

But here is some suggestions on some of the sprites that i don't like:

Look at it's feet. Doesn't it have a shape ore something? It's feet is the only problem. =/

It's face shape is ugly. No offense. Just a suggestion for you to improve better. It's hand is okay. But couldn't you add something like he's holding a pokeball?

- That's all. The rest are perfect and beautiful. Hope my suggestions helped. I hope that would improve better.

Laidjon*

An eternal equilibrium~
    Years
  • All of them are awesome. I really like them especially the Trio new Sprite.

But here is some suggestions on some of the sprites that i don't like:

Look at it's feet. Doesn't it have a shape ore something? It's feet is the only problem. =/

It's face shape is ugly. No offense. Just a suggestion for you to improve better. It's hand is okay. But couldn't you add something like he's holding a pokeball?

- That's all. The rest are perfect and beautiful. Hope my suggestions helped. I hope that would improve better.
    Espeon is a Pixel-over, so the feet can't be wrong. This is the original:

And yes, the trainer is ugly, but it was my very first attempt at it.
    Thanks for your rate and comment though =)

-Smash

Lv.86 Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Espeon pixel over:

Outlines are black, are jagged and look like sh it, shading is off, the legs are scrambled onto an unidentifiable mess, proportions are wrong, whiskers are too long and have an incorrect shape, tail division boosts up the confusion on the legs, very slight symptoms of pillowshading.. ect.

My advice? Start by fixing up the lines. Any general spriting tut can help with this. You just need to smooth them out. Then, remake the shading, or imitate it from your ref, but with a set lightsource this time.

Get a better pallete, one with depth.

Once you overcome these 3 steps, you can start fixing up the minor details.

For the trainer ones:

Same as the above. Ugly and jagged black lines, bad shading, hair looks like crap.. Heh.
    Using references would help you alot.

Tileset:

These at least look decent, if you did actually scratch them.

Edit: Getting somewhat annoyed at this 15 post bullshi t restriction..

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Laidjon's tiles and whatsoever!

(I don't really know which is the leg and which is the tail... Oh wait, I see it. Sorry.)
    Anyhow, the back legs look strange. Maybe you could, kinda, change the direction of both legs?

The trainer's face is off. I suggest making the face longer.

Laidjon*

An eternal equilibrium~
    Years
  • Espeon pixel over:

Outlines are black, are jagged and look like sh it, shading is off, the legs are scrambled onto an unidentifiable mess, proportions are wrong, whiskers are too long and have an incorrect shape, tail division boosts up the confusion on the legs, very slight symptoms of pillowshading.. ect.

My advice? Start by fixing up the lines. Any general spriting tut can help with this. You just need to smooth them out. Then, remake the shading, or imitate it from your ref, but with a set lightsource this time.

Get a better pallete, one with depth.

Once you overcome these 3 steps, you can start fixing up the minor details.

For the trainer ones:

Same as the above. Ugly and jagged black lines, bad shading, hair looks like crap.. Heh.
    Using references would help you alot.

Tileset:

These at least look decent, if you did actually scratch them.

Edit: Getting somewhat annoyed at this 15 post bullshi t restriction..
    The pallette of the Espeon is the pallette of the Espeon of pokemon d/p... Have you zoomed in on the pixel over? Then you can see that it has more than just black outline.
    Shading may be off but the light source is just like all pokemon sprites. I didn't shade it like the original ofcourse, 'cause that would be wrong.
    And yes, the tiles are scratch, except for the pokemon on the statue. They are from pokemon md and are recoloured. The things they stand on are scratch.

I really like this one, in perticular the Statues.
    Thanks =)

(I don't really know which is the leg and which is the tail... Oh wait, I see it. Sorry.)
    Anyhow, the back legs look strange. Maybe you could, kinda, change the direction of both legs?

The trainer's face is off. I suggest making the face longer.
    Well, the Espeon is a pixel-over, so the legs are fine.
    And yes, like I said before, the trainer is ugly as it was my first one.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • The tilesets are very good, except for some oddities, like the Deoxys meteor's grey parts & the growlithe house, where the head doesn't actually resemle a growlithe. However, it's an overally good job. As for how to improve your trainer-spriting skills, I suggest spriting some FR-LG-styled trainers first.

Laidjon*

An eternal equilibrium~
    Years
  • The tilesets are very good, except for some oddities, like the Deoxys meteor's grey parts & the growlithe house, where the head doesn't actually resemle a growlithe. However, it's an overally good job. As for how to improve your trainer-spriting skills, I suggest spriting some FR-LG-styled trainers first.
    I can't see why the Growlithe is wrong, as it's an exact copy, but cut, version of pokemon MD. Also recoloured to fit the pallette.
    And I won't make some new trainers for a while, as I know that I suck at them xD.
    Thanks for your comment.

-Smash

Lv.86 Pixel Artist
    Years
  • The pallette of the Espeon is the pallette of the Espeon of pokemon d/p... Have you zoomed in on the pixel over? Then you can see that it has more than just black outline.
    Shading may be off but the light source is just like all pokemon sprites. I didn't shade it like the original ofcourse, 'cause that would be wrong.

The pallete may be from D/P, but it looks bad.

You need darker shades to work with sprites of that size, a pallete with more contrast and an actual significant difference between colors.

You could either change the lightsource to something better, or make your pixel over smaller to fit the lightsource and pallete of D/P. Smaller, and thereby rounder too.

Laidjon*

An eternal equilibrium~
    Years
  • A total new thing! MSN Art!

Because it's made in MSN, it lacks a lot of colour since MSN hasn't got a wide variety of colours.

RATE?

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    A total new thing! MSN Art!

Because it's made in MSN, it lacks a lot of colour since MSN hasn't got a wide variety of colours.

RATE?
    This isn't pixel art dude.
    That is a very creative and interesting
    Your post is very poor and useless. You should add why you think it's creative and interesting, otherwise your post is not constructive in the slightest.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Laidjon*

An eternal equilibrium~
    Years
  • Something new. Trainers! They are for my hack, so nobody has permission to use them whatsoever.

From left to right: My new Hero and my new Heroine.
    Down: The new Rival.
    I'm currently working on the OWs.

Rates?

Back